Jumbo Loans and High Balance Conventional Loans
Jumbo loans do not conform to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s conforming guidelines due to mortgages being larger than the conforming limits
. Normally, lenders require 20% down payment, but we do not.
Borrower contribution minimum of 5% down payment. If appraiser notes a decline market, reduce the loan to value by 5%.
- Property types include single family (detached, semi attached, attached), PUD (detached, attached), and warrantable condominiums (detached, attached).
- Occupancy allows 1-4 unit primary residence (first time home buyer is limited to a primary residence), 1 unit second home, and 1 unit investment.
- The minimum loan amount is the conforming limit (conventional loan amount limit) + $1.
For jumbo loans, lenders set their own lending guidelines. In order to get the more competitive terms, borrowers should put as much as a down payment as possible.
High Balance Conventional Loan Amount
Ask about our high balance conventional
loan amount program that is:.
- Eligible for primary and second homes.
- More competitive rates, easier guidelines, and fewer documents than jumbo loans.
- Faster turn times.