VA IRRRL Refinance (VA Streamline)
VA IRRRL refinance (VA Interest Rate Reduction Loan) also known as a VA streamline is refinancing an existing VA-guaranteed loan, for veterans and military families, with limited borrower credit documentation and underwriting. No appraisal is required for a VA IRRRL and a certificate of eligibility is not required. Depending on the lender, guidelines and requirements can vary – Nationwide Mortgage & Realty, LLC does not have overlays.
Qualifications For A VA IRRRL Refinance
- No minimum credit score required.
- When reducing the term, the PITI cannot increase more than 20% without qualifications.
- See the new policy update, Circular 26-18-13, by the Veterans
- Benefits Administration effective 5-25-2018 for the net tangible benefit:
Benefits of a VA IRRRL Refinance (VA Streamline)
- Possibility to bring no money to closing.
- Refund of current escrow account.
- Defer up to two mortgage payments.
- In the case of an escrow shortage, a new escrow account will be set up with the appropriate amount for taxes and insurance.
Generally lower interest rates than conventional loans, which means savings in the long run.
Closing costs for vary by lender. Closing costs can be financed with a VA IRRRL. Call today to talk with a loan specialist about loan costs.
- No paystubs, W2s or tax returns
- No appraisal
- No bank Statements are required
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy must be discharged.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy is permitted as long as there is a satisfactory trustee payment history and court approval.