ITIN Mortgage Program – Loans Without Social Security Number
The ITIN mortgage program is designed to help you if you have a Tax Payer Identification Number (ITIN), but no social security number (non-resident alien mortgage loans). Full or alternative documents are accepted for US mortgages for non-residents.
US Mortgages for Non-Residents – Down Payment
- Loan-to-value up to 90% for ITIN mortgage loans without social security number.
- If you have a work VISA, lower down payment options are available.
- Lower down payment options are available through the Foreign National mortgage.
- Fixed rate home loans with 15, 20, or 30 year term for non-resident alien mortgage loans.
- Debt-to-income up to 55%.
- 12/24 month bank statement program available (personal or business).
- Most property types accepted.
- 100% gift funds allowed (up to 80% loan-to-value).
- Competitive interest rates.
- Fast turn times.
Income and Credit
- Temporary agency income acceptable.
- Alternative forms of credit documentation, such as utility and phone bills are acceptable for non-resident alien mortgage loans.
- Financing available with land contract/lease with option to buy.
Non-Resident Alien Mortgage Loans
We have other ITIN programs for borrower, but this program allows:
- Only ITIN numbers.
- No Social Security Number.
- Non-permanent aliens.
- No work VISA.
There are no laws that exist or restrict borrowers to be offered mortgage loans for non-citizens.
Editor’s Note: This article has been translated to Spanish. To view ITIN Compra sin Seguro: Click Here
Non-Qualified Mortgages (Non-QM) do not follow agency guidelines and program guidelines vary by lender. They are based on a more common-sense approach to underwriting and the belief that you have the ability to repay the loan.
Non-Resident Alien Mortgage Loans – Documents
You can run your case scenario by a licensed Loan Originator and they will put together a list of documents required during the pre-approval process. Basic documents for the US Mortgages for Non-Residents (ITIN mortgage program) may include:
- Income documentation.
- Photo ID.
- ITIN documentation as applicable.
- One month recent pay stubs.
- Most recent year W2 and tax return.
- Two months bank statements.
The application checklist may vary, but a Loan Originator can put together a list of documentation after going over your case scenario for the ITIN mortgage program.